April 29, 2010

YAY!!!

FINALLY - good news... we have the NYILFF's Opening Night sponsor! Yay!!
I can't reveal the sponsor because we haven't yet figured out the entire partnership, but, in the shorter term, they wanted to lock down Opening Night. By end of next week, I should know the whole deal. SO excited!

We still have a way to go, but I really needed this good news. Breathe...

I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to secure gift bag product donations for the upcoming "Elliot Loves" fundraiser. Joy...

I also had a few good conf. calls regarding this year's Cinema Under the Stars and festival panels. One of the many changes I've made this year is in the panels dept. I just felt like they were sort of neglected, an after-thought. So, alas, we started talking about it much earlier this year. For starters, we moving the talent-driven panels out of HBO to eliminate the barrier to entry (i.e., HBO's security desk). And, we're planning earlier so we can secure even higher profile panelists. Hopefully, these and other changes will elevate our panels and improve the experience for our filmmakers and guests. Always room for improvement and refinement...

Liz
2hplw
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: