September 18, 2009

EMMY AWARDS!


This may not come as a surprise, but I'm a sucker for a good awards show, especially one hosted by the hilarious, gifted, adorable Neil Patrick Harris. And, yes, I watched the VMA's. And, yes, Kanye is a complete huckleberry idiot. And, yes, he was technically correct -- Beyonce's video is better than Taylor's (no offense Taylor, but seriously, it is) -- but that's no excuse.

Back to the subject at hand: The 61st Primetime Emmy Awards this Sunday night, 8:00pm on CBS.

There are way too many categories to discuss, so I'm just going to give my predictions for some of the top ones. Let's see how I do. And, Liz's Emmy goes to...

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Tina Fey (but, I feel compelled to say, although Sarah Silverman is HIGHlarious, I think she's too edgy for these voters)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: I'm torn between Hugh Laurie and John Hamm; ummm, okay, I'll go with Hugh Laurie.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick (Elizabeth Moss is my 2nd pick)

Best Comedy Series: 30Rock (I just think the EMMY voters are obsessed with this show, but wouldn't it be cute for How I Met Your Mother to win when NPH is the host??)

Best Drama Series: Mad Men. House. Mad Men. House. Mad Men. House. Mad House!

Original Reality Program - Competition Program: No joke, this might be the hardest category for me. Let me explain: I am mildly obsessed with Top Chef and almost equally so with Project Runway. But, if you've ever watched the Amazing Race you know it's total insanity and I want to be on it. Anyone want to be my partner?? Amazing Race.

Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series: The Daily Show with John Stewart (caveat: SNL might take it this year almost solely on the weight of Tina Fey's Sarah Palin impersonation)

Okay, that's enough; time to get back to my real job. Over and out.

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: