April 14, 2009

Ain't Film Grand?

I saw a GREAT NYILFF film last night. We're not only showing it, but it's a premiere. Talk to me...Plus, it was shot in NYC, which isn't really important or relevant to the submission process; it's just always nice to see filmmakers support this city and the local talent.

Regardless, the film really touched me. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of why we do what we do because there is so much planning, preparation, stress and work involved in the process. When you're sitting at your desk all day working the phones and typing on your computer, it's hard to focus on the end result: the excitement, energy and spirit of the actual live event. But then, I'll screen a film I really love and get a jolt of inspiration and feel such joy from knowing I selected a career that allows me to support amazingly talented artists who are telling stories and pursuing a dream.

I tell ya, could make a girl cry...
(sniff)

Liz.
P.L.H.H.
www.Cinedulce.com
www.NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: