April 13, 2009

Potential '09 Financial Partner...Who Woulda Thunk??

Okay, I don't want to jinx anything, but I have to say, my call on Friday with the potential NYILFF financial sponsor partner was really promising. It was a follow-up to my original discussion with the firm's head of Hispanic mktg. and included the regional marketing manager, who, as it turns out, has a ton of experience working with film festivals. They just seem to get it, which is frequently half the battle.

Next steps: they will send me a
'needs', 'wants' and 'unimportant' list, from which I will build a customized proposal for their review. At week's end, we'll hop back on the phone to discuss the new proposal. In this terrible economic environment, this is a rare opportunity and one which could have a significant impact on this year's event... so, PULEEZE send out the positive vibes...

On a different note, I watched a potential NYILFF film on Saturday afternoon and, unfortunately, was disappointed. I really wanted to love it because we know a bunch of the cast members, but, in this case, I feel the parts are stronger than the whole...

Liz
P.L.H.H.
www.Cinedulce.com
www.NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: