December 18, 2009

It's Golden

Okay, okay, I know I'm late in discussing the Golden Globe nominations, but I had other priorities -- like raising money for Monday's free screening of "Precious" for at-risk youth! To see how you can help, visit: HELP PRECIOUS YOUTH!

Speaking of Precious, it was nominated for multiple Golden Globes, including Best Motion Picture (Drama), Best Actress for Gabourey Sidibe and Best Supporting Actress for Mo'Nique. Not bad, huh?

Avatar - Not only a multiple Golden Globe nominee, including Best Picture (Drama) and Best Director (James Cameron) but the reviews have been really strong. I wonder if we're going to have a "Titanic" deja-vu moment with James Cameron reclaiming he's the king of the world...

Up in the Air - I saw this film last weekend and really enjoyed it. Apparently, so did the Hollywood Foreign Press Assoc. because it received a bundle of nominations, including Best Picture (Drama), Best Director (Jason Reitman), Best Actor (George Clooney - as dashing and gorgeous as ever), and Best Supporting Actress for both Vera Famiga and Anna Kendrick, who were consistent scene stealers.

The Hurt Locker - Apparently, it's amazing but I haven't yet seen it. I need to get on that.

In the Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) category, my thoughts are as follows:

(500) Days of Summer - Super cute but I doubt it will win.
The Hangover - Straight up, laugh out loud hilarity.
It's Complicated - Haven't seen it.
Julie & Julia - Really fun and Meryl, as always, is a genius of transformation.
Nine - Haven't seen it.

For a full list of all Golden Globe nominees, click HERE!

For those of you in NYC, stay warm and get your sleds ready... snow is heading this way!

Liz.
p.l.h.h
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: