December 31, 2009

New Year, New You?

I know making resolutions could appear a waste of time because no one seems to keep them, e.g., the gym is packed in January, but ebbs back in February. But, I think the New Year, similar to birthdays and key life events, provides the ideal opportunity for self-reflection.

As I've mentioned many times, over the past few months, I've been an aggressive agent (vs. victim) of change (love that saying, dad!). At certain points in your life, you realize it's time for a new chapter to begin - new adventures, challenges, commitments and priorities. We are all constantly evolving. I think these pivotal times occur when one day you recognize the slow, methodical evolution of your life has cumulatively led to transformation. That transformation, in turn, demands proactive decision making to align your life choices with your new sense of self. Obviously, your core person is the same, but there is a discernible, almost palpable energy shift that, like a pebble dropped in a pond, causes a ripple effect of change.

That said, my resolutions are very simple:


1. De-Clutter and Simplify (Literally and Figuratively).
To kick-start the process, I have spent the last 3 days ripping apart my apartment - reorganizing furniture, packing a huge bag for Goodwill, tossing away old crap and cleaning. I'm not quite done, but I already feel lighter, starting fresh.

2. Remain Open to the Possibilities and Trust the Universe.
Although I have specific goals I would like to accomplish, I don't have all of the tactics... and, I kind of dig that. Remember, be what you want to receive and don't set too many rules for yourself. You never know where life takes you and that's the excitement and individual experience of your personal journey.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2010?

In 2010, I hope you stay true to yourself, work hard to achieve your goals (even if your goal is to work less and play more!) and, most importantly, enjoy Peace, Love, Health and Happiness.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: