March 11, 2009

Networking in the AM

Yesterday AM, I went to the Horowitz Associates 9th Annual Multicultural Media Forum. I was super fortunate to have my good friend at Wing Latino (big Hispanic agency) invite me as his guest - he was a panelist. For the record, he was great. Anyway, I don't usually love these kinds of events but, the truth is, they often serve as very good networking opportunities. It's crucial in biz to keep meeting new folks, and meet folks I did!

First off, I finally met in person the diversity contact at Yum! Brands (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, etc.) with whom I've been speaking for literally years but have never met. Abrazo grande! I also met the head of entertainment and integrated marketing at a big multicultural agency, an executive from Cablevision and another at a major cable network. I also ran into the folks at the agency that represents one of the key brands we're pitching for the NYILFF. It looks like their client is coming on board as a lower level partner. Great news!


All in all, not a bad AM..not bad at all.

Liz.
(P.L.H.H.)
www.Cinedulce.com

No comments: