November 3, 2008

Happy Hulaween, y'all!








Holy smokes - Bette Midler's Hulaween benefit on Friday night for her NYC Restoration Project was INSANE! Check out some of these pix (can you guess who is the goth woman and who is in the giant red wig?). As I mentioned on Friday, I decided to go simple and somewhat wing my costume as a cowgirl. I certainly didn't win any awards for creativity, but it worked and was cheap: mission accomplished. All I know is this was not your average bear party so Calixto (uh, I mean, Dr. C) and I really tried to soak it all in and enjoy the moment. Tons of celebs, including host Bette Midler, MC Kathy Griffin, Pink, John McEnroe, Jimmy Buffett, Kareem Abdul Jabbar (gigantic man!) and Gloria Estefan, who's an amazing, energetic live performer and whose teen daughter is a great electric guitarist - who knew?? Plus, it occurred to me, in all my years in NYC, I had never been to the Waldorf Astoria. Check that off my list! Big, huge, gigantic thanks to our friends at American Airlines for inviting us to join them at this awesome event. Happy Halloween to all!
~ Liz
(P.L.H.H.)

No comments: