October 14, 2009

Busy 24 Hours!

Last night, I went to the premiere of Franc. Reyes' "The Ministers", the 2008 NYILFF Closing Night film. The event was definitely a big success with a full house and fantastic after-party at the Empire Hotel rooftop bar. Celebs in attendance included the film's stars John Leguizamo, Harvey Keitel, Florencia Lozano, Wanda DeJesus and Manny Perez plus Luis Guzman. More importantly, I saw all sorts of friends ranging from local actors, filmmakers, production company/studio/media execs, publicists, etc. It was just really fun to connect with everyone during the 'off season'. Congrats to Calix for a great job!

After my fairly late night (esp. for a Tuesday!), I spent all of today at the LatinVision Convergence Conference, where I connected with a whole other group of friends and biz acquaintances. Plus, I met a slew of new folks, which, of course, is the point of these networking events.

All in all, I had a busy, fun and productive 24 hours. Sleep anyone??


"The Ministers" opens THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16!! Please support the picture so Hollywood recognizes the power of Latino film lovers and invests more resources into Latino film!

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: