March 22, 2010

Catching Up

This whole no cable Internet or phone situation has been a bit of a bummer - gotta admit. But, I'm making it happen because that's what you need to do. In the wise words of Tim Gunn, "Make it work!".

I saw a GREAT fest doc this past weekend. Obviously, I can't yet tell you the name, but, trust me, it's hot. It's so hot, in fact, that it already has sponsors attached - super rare and a great sign.

This is always a stressful time from a sponsorship standpoint, but a fun one from a programming standpoint. It starts to get a bit late for new sponsor outreach, while, at the same time, most sponsors in consideration are still planning and budgeting. So, it's a bit strange - lots of waiting but also an attempt to stay aggressive. On the programming tip, the screeners and managers are busy checking out submissions while Juan, our programming director, started to give me secured films. It's just super exciting to see the program slowly come together.

On Friday, Sonia and I had a great meeting with NYWIFT (NY Women in Film & Television). The ED, Terry, is great and it looks like we'll definitely do something with them. I have 3 potential sponsors interested in Latina-themed programming, so the NYWIFT partnership will be a great help. Fingers crossed...

Liz.
2hpl
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: