March 10, 2010

Yin. Yang. Yang. Yin.

Bit of a bummer today - I was scheduled to have a NYILFF meeting tomorrow AM with a fairly big agency, but they canceled this afternoon. They don't think there's a fit with their clients' current strategies. And, so it goes. But, on the flip side, yesterday I received a call from a new, interested sponsor and, on Monday, I had a very promising conversation with an exec from another very interested sponsor. In this case of Monday's convo, the brand is a 2x former partner and, through the years, my relationship with the exec has blossomed into full-scale friendship and mutual respect. He's a fantastic guy and a good egg.

You know, you have to take the bad with the good. Yin and yang. I can't stress this one disappointment. All I care about is I secure like-minded partners and cover our budget so we can produce the best possible festival. Is that too much to ask?!

"Lottery Man": Matt, our director, had a great meeting with Tim, who's officially now our storyboard artist. Such a relief. Plus, Tim is a doll; he's a hardworking, passionate, incredibly talented guy. I'm so glad to give him the work. Thank you, Lyndon, for the recommendation! On the flip side, no word yet from the agency about the actress we want for the lead female. Yang. Yin.

Patty Dukes just tweeted she will be performing at SXSW. Big news! Congrats and buena suerte to her!
!

RIP Corey Haim.

Liz.
2hpl
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: