May 25, 2009

Frankie... I mean Liz... Says Relax!

Here's a little somethin'-somethin' I've learned along the way (though still struggle to follow): vacation is good. Vacation is healthy. Vacation is necessary to be a happy, productive, balanced member of the workforce (much less society). Taking a break revives and replenishes the system - mentally, physically and emotionally - and enables you to return to the grind with a fresh perspective, revived conviction and buoyed energy. Respites rejuvenate the soul and stoke the fires of positivity, creativity and passion.

In my 20's, I worked endlessly hard for an undeserving indie film company. Ultimately, I believe I edged a little too close to clinical burn-out; I was nearly overwhelmed by a general feeling of malaise, disinterest and exhaustion. All I can say is it ain't pretty. Lesson learned.


That said, I just made my famous guacamole and am heading out to my friend's BBQ. I hope you're spending this glorious day with friends and family... and relaxing!

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: