May 18, 2009

Keep the Faith

I just saw "Angels and Demons" yesterday so I'm in a religious state of mind. Well, no... I'm actually not. But, the title seemed appropriate for the day. So, there it is.

We had a largely waste-of-time meeting this AM with a major broadcaster - totally nice, well-meaning folks, but limited in their scope of partnership capabilities due to various legal restrictions. It could have been a phoner, but, hey, it's always nice to put faces to names.

On a more positive, productive media partner note, we just received a call from a friend with whom we reconnected at last week's People en Espanol party. It turns out the media company where she now works has interest in sponsoring the NYILFF and they have $. Talk to me. I'm in the process of connecting to some of her associates to see what it all means, but I'm hoping this is an unexpected, much needed, much appreciated addition to our family of partners. See? You just gotta keep the faith that everything will work out in the end...

New Cinedulce content coming your way tomorrow for First Taste Tuesdays!

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: