May 8, 2009

Reflection

I'm in the middle of writing a GIANT proposal and the phone rings... my mom and dad just sold our childhood home. Obviously, this has been an ongoing process, but this afternoon it came to a successful end.

For those of you who have known me since we were kids... bye-bye 4 Darley. It's a bit bizarre when you can no longer call your lifelong home home. It's one of those quintessential 'end of an era' moments. I mean, let's be clear, I've slept in that house maybe 2 nights/year for the past 15 years. I'm not sad in the least. I'm actually very happy for my parents, who can now really explore and enjoy the next phase of their lives. Rather, it makes me a bit reflective about what I have or have not accomplished since I really called that house my home. You know, how did I get from there to here (wherever the hell 'here' is), and where am I going?

All I really know is today, right now, I'm preparing to celebrate the NY Int'l Latino Film Festival's 10th anniversary in July. And, at the same time, I am working on various in-the-works projects for Cinedulce, which we launched a couple of years ago. I dunno... I'm kinda proud, to be honest. I mean, we're not exactly running Time Warner, here, but I think we're like the little engine that could. We've stuck to our guns, stayed consistent with our mission and vision, maintained our passion for the product, filmmakers and community, and worked really, really, really (did I say really??) hard. I have no guarantees for where we're going. I know where I want to go, but there is no crystal ball. I can only do my best to try and make smart decisions, surround myself with the right people and keep looking forward to both Friday evening and Monday morning.

Congrats to M+D and happy birthday to Keri!

TGIF, enjoy the sunshine and Happy Mother's Day to all of you mamas out there!

P.S. Big announcements coming on Monday...

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
www.Cinedulce.com
www.NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: