May 27, 2009

Good News... Finally!

What an insane Tuesday I had (so much for easing back into work after the long w/e). My email/phone call-packed AM led straight into 3 back2back meetings that started @ 3:00pm and ended @ 8:30pm. A short day, it was not. What it was, however, was a super productive, positive day.

First off, I'm proud to say 3
partners (2 media + 1 sponsor) informed me they plan to return for the NYILFF's 10th anniversary! Because I'm still ironing out the details, I don't want to jinx anything by naming the companies. But I think (hope!) we're golden with all three.

We also received confirmation that HUGE talent (multiple people in one film) plan to attend the fest to support their film. Sorry I can't be more specific now, but, trust me... it's bananas!

On an unrelated note, I would be remiss not to mention President Obama's nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. Because I don't use this blog as a forum to push any kind of political agenda, I don't feel it's appropriate to offer my personal opinion of the selection. But, I do want to say, regardless of what you may or may not think about Judge Sotomayor's fitness for the job, the simple fact that this nation's first Black president just nominated the first Hispanic & only 3rd woman to serve as a Supreme Court judge is, in and of itself, awe-inspiring. If that doesn't represent the beautiful, multicultural face of the U.S., I don't know what does. Congratulations and good luck to Judge Sotomayor!

Let's hope yesterday is a harbinger for more good news to come b/c, quite frankly, we still very much need it...

Liz.
p.l.h.h.
Cinedulce.com
NYLatinoFilm.com

No comments: