May 4, 2009

NYILFF Commercial Shoot Was Amazing!

Saturday's shoot for the '09 NYILFF campaign was awesome! So fun. So productive. Such incredibly positive energy. I'm certain that energy will shine through the final creative, which I can't wait to see and, even more so, can't wait to show you!

Our producer, Lyndon McCray (sitting between two of our campaign 'talents': Sharo and Julie), knocked it out of the ballpark - as usual -- totally calm, organized, energetic and on-budget. Our photographer, Shirley Miranda-Rodriguez from Somos Arte, was totally on point and fabulous (this is the 3rd year we've used Shirley as our campaign
photographer and I love her more each year).

We shot in Somos Arte's amazing new studio, located right on Williamsburg's very groovy Grand Street. It is so kickin'! No joke - if you ever need a fully loaded photography studio (and/or a wonderful photographer), please reach out to them. They even have a fully stocked bar! :) I'm so happy for them.


HBO's Art Director, Jose Mendez (standing behind Shirley), provided creative direction through the entire (very long) day. In addition to having an incredibly keen eye for creative, he's just a super guy who can make even the most nervous person feel confident and at ease in front of the camera. Trust me, it's a gift. He and Shirley got on famously, so it was really fun for me to watch their collaboration.

I also want to thank the amazing hair and make-up team. Lillybeth Gonzalez kicked a** on hair. And, I'm super-psyched to say our new partnership with Clarins started off with a bang! Marni Burton (holding the Clarins powder brush) was lead on make-up and made each woman look more beautiful than the next. Supporting Marni was Danielle Kestenbaum (on-set, powdering another talent, Rachel), who was also fantastic.
To the rest of the cast and crew, I honestly can't thank you enough. It was by far the most fun, relaxed, successful shoot we've ever had. As always, I am humbled by and very grateful for the amazing talent, enthusiasm and dedication that surrounds me in our ever-expanding fest family.

Liz.
P.L.H.H.
Cinedulce
NYILFF

1 comment:

Loca La Boca said...

What an amazing time on Saturday! I laughed! I cried (some mascara melted in my eyes during makeup)!
Year after year, the crew of the NYILFF never cease to amaze me, and it's such an honor to be a part of the movement in 2009.

Thank you!