February 2, 2009

Taxes and Proposals and Staffing... Oh My!

Isn't tax season fun?? I'm sitting here going through our entire 2008 budget and staff list to compile for our accountant a 1099 chart. Fun times...

That aside, we have a meeting tomorrow with SAG (Screen Actors Guild). I think I mentioned previously, they have a renewed multicultural effort, which is fantastic not only for us but for the union, in general. The NY Latino Film Festival has worked with SAG a few times, but not in the recent past so it'd be great to have them back on board as a partner in '09, our 10th anniversary. It's just sort of fitting. That's one deck I need to customize today. I'm also waiting for confirmation on a meeting for later this week with the agency for a major QSR (quick service restaurant). We partnered with this particular QSR once before and it was a great relationship. Apparently, there's interest in returning to promote a new product introduction. I happen to be fairly good friends with the agency contact, so that helps move things along. It's just nice when you already have a relationship there. So, that's deck #2 I need to customize.

On another tip, on Friday, I chatted with Jeff, one of my key sponsor coordinators from last year. Jeff's awesome and, it seems, is back on board for '09. Phew! Among many other virtues, Jeff's the RSVP king. Although RSVP'ing seems like a simple process, it can spin totally out of control, especially with a film fest that has a zillion events over the course of one week. It's honestly ridiculous. Plus, Michele (our intern) has already committed to working with me on the fest and I think I've found the third amigo for my personal team. So, now I just need to consider the best way to distribute the work and define roles. Go team!

TODAY'S TREAT
Habla Ya: Jaime
As one of the members of comedy troupe Room 28, Jaime is hilarious. Check him out here in HBO Latino's Habla Ya segment when he talks about where his dad gave him s**t for not knowing an answer on Jeopardy! Funny stuff.


Liz.
(P.L.H.H.)
www.Cinedulce.com

No comments: