October 22, 2008

Gotta be Startin' Somethin'

Okay, I admit it: I'm currently listening to old-skool MJ right now and I felt inspired to honor him with a blog title. It's the least I can do for the man who brought us "ma ma se, ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa" (and, yes, I actually looked up the spelling of that jibberish). That aside, it does fit the current mood of Cinedulce and yours truly: gotta be startin' somethin'. With that in mind, this AM, I had a great meeting with yet another old friend of mine (who knew I had so many friends??) - this one is at Time Warner. The thing is, Calixto and I love Time Warner and let me tell you why...HBO is the festival's presenting and founding partner (say it with me: "It's not TV. It's HBO"); Turner B'casting is a cherished fest sponsor; Time Warner Cable is our cable partner and now potential VOD partner (fingers tightly crossed!); we've worked with Warner Bros.; and, we have friends at People en EspaƱol (Hi Rachel!). So, you see, the TW family of brands is just peaches. Back to this AM: I met with my friend, who must be doing something right in the TW Foundation group b/c he has a FABULOUS new office with insane views of NYC and the Hudson. He's a kind soul who gets to support organizations in the arts and media, including youth and minorities. Very cool gig. Anyhoodles, after listening to me blather on about how awesome Cinedulce is, my friend offered to make intros to some high powered folks in the Time Warner family. I mean, how great is he? Big, bear hugs to mi amigo. AND THEN...Calixto, Lyndon and I had our weekly Cinedulce meeting where we plan how we're going to conquer the world. Lots of fun stuff coming up, but you'll have to keep reading my blog and visiting Cinedulce.com to find out what. In the meantime, I'm going to keep drinking my tea and hoping these sniffles are allergies and not the dreaded seasonal cold...
Over and out,
Liz
(P.L.H.H.)

No comments: