October 31, 2008

Yee-Haw!

Happy Halloween!! For the first time in several years, I'm actually donning a costume. Why? Because our dear friends/sponsors at American Airlines generously invited Calixto and me to join them tonight at the Waldorf for Bette Midler's benefit event, MC'd by Kathy Griffin, for the NY Restoration Project. Yep, you heard me: Waldorf. Bette. Kathy. Lions. Tigers. And Bears. Oh my! You're probably thinking I'm going all out and wearing some fabulous, outrageous outfit. Not so, my naive amigo. That would not be the prudent way to go for an entrepreneur on a budget. Instead, I'm going as a cowgirl. Giddy-up! I have a cowboy hat and cute-as-pie cowgirl shirt from Halloween '07. Plus, I bought a lasso and new red bandanna at Ricky's; throw on some jeans, put the hair in low pigtails, dot some freckles and off I go. Of course, I don't think Michael Kors, the costume judge, is going to present me the 'Halloween Runway' award and, if Heidi Klum were there, she'd probably say, "Auf Wiedersehen", but that's not the point. The point simply is to participate, celebrate, enjoy and not exit with costume buyer's remorse. Plus, tomorrow, I'm speaking to a class at Brooklyn College about multicultural marketing. So, I can't go too bananas (not that I would do that with sponsors anyway...please, I'm a pro-fess-i-on-al). Okay, I need to get back to work. I just got off the phone with the agency for a potential sponsor and before I get all 'Joanna Wayne', I need to customize a proposal. So, I'm off. Have a great Halloween, remember not to eat too many candy corn or your stomach will rebel, and entertain yourself by counting how many Sarah Palins you see (I already know there's at least one at my table tonight!).
~ Liz
(P.L.H.H.)

No comments: